The other day I was at a customer and I ran in to this problem:
Empty location for package: _SMSTSBEN0004A
The problem here is related to how the OS Image gets downloaded/applied during the task sequence.
At this customer, the Task Sequence was set to Access content directly from the distribution point, which is an option I usually don’t set, because I prefer to download the image first to the client before applying it.
Keep in mind if you use this option, you need to check both these checkboxes:
How to fix the error
1. Go to the Options tab of the Apply Operating System step in the Task Sequence to find the option Access content directly from the distribution point.
2. Go to Properties of the OS Image and go to the Data Access tab to find the option Copy the content in this package share on distribution points.
At the end of the day, I ended up with removing both of these check boxes. However, if you want to use this option, remember to check both of these check boxes.
- Difference between Updating and Refreshing a Distribution Point in SCCM
- How to fix the issue in SCCM when the WDS and DHCP roles are on the same server
- What is multicast and how do I enable it in SCCM?
- Where are the Distribution Point logs in SCCM?
Subscribe to newsletter:
If you want to receive the latest news for MEMCM, Windows 10, and Powershell, please subscribe to my monthly newsletter!